Wednesday 9 October 2013

Professional Beauty + SBBC Wrap-Up Party

Hey guys!

As some of you may know, the Professional Beauty show was in Dublin on Sunday/Monday. Myself and two of my friends headed down on Sunday, hoping to snap up a good deal or two. I was determined to grab some cheap American brand nail polishes!

There were so many different stands, crammed with make-up, make-up brushes, nail polishes, nail art tools etc. One particular stand that caught my eye was one that was selling China Glaze polishes for €4.75, and also sets of 3 CG polishes for €9.50. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the colours I wanted (I'd made a list and was sticking to it!) and I also found the brushes to be way too thin. I have two CGs at home and they have much thicker brushes than these ones did.

The next stand we stopped at was the O.P.I. stand. They were selling for €6 a bottle and had such a huge range! There was also such a rush at the stand because of this, but I managed to squeeze in and get a good look at the different colours. God only knows how long I was there for, but I eventually picked two polishes and dragged myself away. I got 'Alpine Snow', which is basic white polish, and 'Do You Lilac It?', which is, as the name suggests, lilac.

After browsing the other stands for another hour or so, we headed into town for a quick lunch and then I headed off to the blogger meet-up that Aisling of Total Make Up Addict had organised. It was so nice to go and meet some other Irish beauty bloggers, and the party itself was so much fun and so well organised. We all got goodie bags, filled with products such as Ziaja creams, Surya Brasil products, Oriflame lipgloss and loads more. We were also given some information on the Surya Brasil products and Niamh Martin gave us a make-up demonstration using her brush line, Nima Brush. There was also a charity raffle with some amazing prizes, which I unfortunately missed as I had to leave early. I'm sure everyone really enjoyed it though!

All in all, it was a great day and I'm so looking forward to future beauty shows and blogger meet ups!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment