Monday 19 October 2015

The Body Shop Spa of the World & Oils of Life Review


Back in August, I attending the launch of two new ranges from The Body Shop: the Spa of the World collection and the Oils of Life collection. I've been testing out the products really well since then and today I'm sharing my thoughts on them!


The Spa of the World collection uses naturally sourced ingredients from all over the world, which are used to create some really luxurious products: oils, creams, scrubs and clays. These products are perfect for pampering yourself and having your own at-home spa day!


Dead Sea Salt Scrub - €34 for 350ml
I absolutely love this scrub. First off, it smells so refreshing! Secondly, and more importantly, it's not overly harsh on the skin. I find a lot of the body scrubs I've used before really left my skin sore, irritated and dry after use. The Dead Sea Salt Scrub on the other hand left my skin feeling nice and clean, but also super moisturised. It does leave a slightly oil residue, but one that's actually really nice and makes you feel more moisturised.


Hawaiian Kukui Cream - €24.50 for 350ml
As soon as I smelt this cream at the launch, I was hooked. It smells absolutely amazing, slightly sweet but not overwhelmingly. I was absolutely delighted when I saw this in my goodie bag!
Now, I'm not really one for using scented creams on my body because I find they tend to irritate my skin a bit and don't really add anything in terms of moisture. The Hawaiian Kukui Cream, I'm happy to report, is different. It leaves my skin so nice and soft. I like to use this right after taking a shower, especially if I've used the Dead Sea Salt Scrub too. Also, you only need a little bit of this cream, so the 350ml tub will last you ages.



Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil - €27.50 for 160ml
This stuff is probably my favourite out of the three Spa of the World products I got. I like to brush my hair before I shower, and the Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil just does wonders for that. I have dry, curly hair which makes it a real pain to brush, but running a little bit of this oil through my hair before brushing just makes the whole task so much easier and since it smells so nice, I don't actually mind brushing as much. I also like to run a little bit of this through my hair when it starts looking really dry between showers. If you have hair that's difficult to brush, you need to try this!

The Oils of Life collection promises to revive skin as well as working to reduce the signs of ageing. The range uses three natural seed oils - Black Cumin Seed Oil, Camellia Seed Oil and Rosehip Seed Oil.


Intensely Revitalising Essence Lotion - €25.50 for 150ml
The formula of this lotion is really unique: it's a bi-phase formula, meaning it is a mixture of oil and water. Using this after cleansing leaves my skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated. Even though it is an oil product, it doesn't leave an oily residue and sets in quickly, which I think may be because of it's bi-phase formula.


Intensely Revitalising Cream - €42.50 for 50ml
This cream is super hydrating and nourishing. I really love the smell of this too, I find it kind of soothing. It is quite a rich cream though, so I like to use it at night more than the day. Having said that though, I think I'll probably be using this more during the day as the weather gets colder and my skin starts to get a lot drier again.

No comments:

Post a Comment