Wednesday 14 August 2013

OohLaLa Magazine Launch Party!

Hey guys!

So last night I went to the OohLaLa Magazine launch party/blog awards and let me just start off by saying it was an amazing night! They had someone over from Tropical Popical to do our nails, some make up artists from the LA Creative Acadamy, an incredible DJ and a showcase of Penney's Autumn/Winter Collection.

I, of course, legged it to the Tropical Popical stand first, where I got my nails done by the lovely Clodagh. I chose to get my nails painted a neon yellow and asked Clodagh to do a bit of nail art and she didn't disappoint! Thanks Clodagh!



I took my sister along and she went to get her make up done. The lovely ladies from LA Creative not only did her make-up for her, but also taught her how to create a smoky eye look as she requested. Unfortunetly I don't have a picture of the finished look.

As the whole event was sponsered by Penneys, we were also treated with a runway show featuring the gorgeous Penney's AW 2013 collection. Since the place was so crowded though, most people couldn't see that well, and those of us that could still weren't all able to take great pictures.



I also got the chance to meet some great people and other fashion/beauty bloggers, including the gorgeous Olayemi Alaba who was so incredibly nice and has such an incredible blog!

We were also given some cool goodie bags upon arrival, which contained stuff like perfume samples, nail polish, a copy of the magazine, a Penney's gift card and loads of other stuff, all courtesy of Cara Pharmacy. Thank you Cara Pharmacy!

All in all, it was a great event and I'm so glad I went. I made some great new friends and just had a lot of fun there! A big thanks to Penney's, Cara Pharmacy and of course, everyone at OohLaLa!

- M

P.S Make sure to click the follow button on underneath my name in the 'About Me' section, I've finally made it work (at least I think so)!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing!! glad you had fun!! your nails look sexy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! And such a great opportunity too :)

      Delete
    2. cool there should be more events like that coming up soon since Debs is coming up...

      Delete
    3. I hope so, it was such a good experience!

      Delete
  2. It was lovely to meet you! I your nails look amazing -I need that yellow nail polish soooo much!! :)
    Following you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you too! The yellow polish is from American Apparel and its €9

      Delete
  3. Good job Manal you are destined to make it big,so proud of you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, so sweet of you to say that! :)

      Delete