Tuesday 1 July 2014

Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner Review

Hey everyone!

So the other day, as I was having a look in Boots to see what new goodies they had and what offers were on (as usual!), I stumbled on this new Maybelline eyeliner, the Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner. I'd never seen it before, or heard of it either. Upon further inspection, I discovered that it was quite similar to Benefit's new 'They're Real! Push-Up Liner': it was a gel liner in a pen form with a tip that would seemingly make getting that perfect winged liner so much easier. To get the product onto the tip, you simply twist the bottom. I'd never used gel liner before, and I'd never done winged eye liner before either (apart from the occasional accidental flick created when using liquid eyeliner!). I'd forgotten my card at home that day, so I left Boots emptied handed, but determined to find out more about this eyeliner (too good to be true or perfect dupe?). I learned that the liner had been released last year, but only in Singapore. The reviews were mixed, with some absolutely loving it and others complaining about smudging. I guess they decided to quietly bring this into our market to rival Benefit's version., launching that same week.


Now, I've been wanting to try gel liner for a while now, and I thought this would be the perfect time to do so. So I picked this up the next day (along with another eyeliner from Maybelline since there was a special offer on!). I've been wearing this all day today, and I have to say I LOVE it!

It is really easy to apply, the colour is quite intense, it's long lasting and it doesn't smudge at all (not on my eyes anyway). I don't own the Benefit one (€25 is way too expensive for eye liner), so I can't quite tell you how it compares, but from what I've read/watched about the Benefit one, Maybelline's is very similar, but a good bit cheaper.




I think this is the perfect alternative for those who want to try something like Benefit's Push-Up liner, but don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for it. Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner is available in Boots for €13.49!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment