Monday 6 July 2015

June Favourites 2015


I feel like I say this almost every month, but it's already July? The summer is really flying by! I feel like we just finished exams, but the summer is almost half over already.

So today I've got my June Favourites to share with you. I don't have a lot of beauty favourites this month but I've a few more random favourites to mix things up a bit.



Let's start off with the beauty favs. Bioderma launched in Ireland back in May and they've started making their products available in more pharmacies in the last month. I got my hands on a little bottle in Hickey's in town, to see if it was worth the hype. I really love this micellar water, I think it's a tad bit better than the Garnier one, but I plan on doing a comparison of both soon just to see them in action side-by-side.

Mac Mocha blush is all that I've been wearing on my cheeks the past month. I've had this for a while now, and  used to use this a lot before I started expanding my blush collection in the last year or so and it got pushed to the bottom of the pile. The Max Factor creme puff blush in Alluring Rose was what I'd been obsessed with for the last few months, but all of a sudden I wanted to go back to a nice natural pink shade so I started reaching for this again.

It's been pretty hot this month so I've been making sure to use some sunscreen to protect my skin. The one I've been using is the Shingmulnara Ultra Light Sun Gel (SPF 30) that I got in a beauty box last year. It's really lightweight, has a nice scent and is really easy to work with.



Jurassic World was by far my favourite movie this month. I've always been a huge fan of the original film (and I even liked the second one too), and I read (and loved) the books last year too. When my friend told me they were making another one, I was ecstatic, but also worried it could end up a disaster like the third film (let's all forget that one exists, ok?).
Thankfully, I really enjoyed JW. I loved that the we could see the park fully operational, and the handful of references to the original film had me teary-eyed at times. I may have to go see this again soon...



Staying on the topic of Jurassic World, my sister got me the Nintendo 3DS Lego game for my birthday. I love the Lego games for Playstation, my cousins have a few and we always play those whenever we visit them. I'd never played one on a handhold console before, and thankfully I wasn't disappointed! You get to play through all four films, and there's nine levels for each. You even get to play as dinosaurs! It's just a really fun game overall, I loved it so much that I've already decided I'm getting the Avengers Age of Ultron one that's being released at the end of the year!


If you follow me on Instagram, you would have already seen these. My fashion favourites this month were my yellow satchel from River Island, which was on sale for €25, and my Disney Vans. I got the Ariel pair because, well, they're just amazing. What makes them even better is that they are so incredibly comfortable, the soles are so soft!



I never got around to finishing Season 4 of Game of Thrones last year, mostly because I'd already read the books up to there so I knew what was going to happen. When the last two episodes of Season 5 were going to air was when I started watching again. I still haven't finished the last book, and I'd heard they were moving away from the books too, so I decided to tune in again, because it was all going to be a surprise this season. And it was! Maybe not the first few episodes, but most of it was quite shocking and new to me, which made the show interesting again.

One thing I didn't enjoy though was how much more brutally violent the show is becoming. There were some deaths that were particularly horrific (both this season, and the death in S4 'The Mountain and the Viper'), and I didn't have the stomach to watch. I hope they tone things down a little in the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment