Thursday 18 February 2016

L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara Review


I saw this mascara being used by one of my favourite YouTubers for quite a while before this was released in stores back in January. Every time she used it, it gave her the most gorgeous looking lashes, and I was dying to get my hands on this mascara so I too could have some lovely, long, luscious looking lashes.




Unfortunately, this mascara just did nothing for me. What particularly drew me to this mascara was the really unique wand, but I found that the wand picks up far too much product in that gap in the middle between the bristles. And that leads to really spidery lashes.

Too avoid spider-leg lashes, you have to scrape off a lot of the product, but even then you can end up with too much on if you're not super careful. To top it all off, I have to curl my lashes for this mascara to look even remotely nice. And even then, it doesn't look amazing or anything. Just... nice. Also, it gets onto my lids when applying, no matter how careful I am.



If you look at the photos they have of the wand up on the L'Oreal and Boots websites, the bristles look so much longer than they actually are. I think if the bristles were a little longer maybe it would have worked better, but we'll never know.

Overall, I just feel for me this mascara is a bit too much work, without any real benefit. I much prefer the Maybelline Lash Sensational, and would recommend that over this one, it actually curls my lashes, doesn't look spidery and you don't have to be as careful while applying it.

If you are interested in trying this out though, you can pick it up in Boots for €11.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment