Friday 4 March 2016

February Favourites 2016!




Today I have my February favourites to share with you guys! A few of these were also favourites in January, but I didn't get a chance to write about them and they definitely deserved mentions so I've included them here.



January was mostly about skincare for me. I barely wore any makeup at all for the most of the month, I was at home for most of January and it was a great excuse to give my skin a break. Also, flying back home from my holidays had me worried for my skin, 'cause we all know that all airplanes can really dry out your skin (and give you a 6 week cough, which is what I was blessed with last year). I reached a lot for my Sephora Mud Mask to clear out my skin and my The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Cream to moisturise my skin. The Sephora Mask I used once every week in January, and then around once every two weeks in February. The Oils of Life cream I use every night.


I have really loved using oil products on my skin the last few months and had been seeing a few Youtubers using the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil and really wanted to try it out myself. It is quite expensive (€19 normally), so I waited to get it from the airport where it was around €14. I love the thick, gloopy texture of the product, that it's slightly sticky and overall it's really moisturising. The one bad thing about it though is that it does come off easily if you eat/drink anything so I have mainly been using this as a night-time treatment.


I had been wanting to try the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Rewind Concealer for ages, but kept putting of getting it. I finally picked it up at the end of January and was really impressed with it. I got it in the shade Light and have really loved using it to highlight my face and brighten up my under-eyes.


I having been absolutely adoring using the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette the past month. The colours are stunning, the pigmentation is amazing, and the shades are all quite unique to my personal collection. Also, like the original palette (which I also adore) and the Semi-Sweet palette, the shadows smell like chocolate! The quality of the shadows are so good too, really soft and buttery, and easy to blend.



When I saw Missha had released a Wonder Woman collection, I knew I had to pick up the M Magic Cushion with the limited edition packaging. Yes, I bought the first one, the blue cushion (the moisture version) just for the packaging but ended up being seriously impressed with it so I decided to pick up the red one (the regular version) too. I have a review coming up on these next week so I won't say more.


The Nivea Post Shave Balm, as made famous by NikkieTutorials, is indeed a great primer and  was my go to for the past month. It really held on to my foundation all day, I was so impressed!


I started watching American Horror Story with my sister and we became addicted! The first season, Murder House, was my favourite, followed by Coven, then Asylum. Freak Show was my least favourite, only because I really didn't like Jessica Lange's German accent or whatever accent Kathy Bates was trying to do. We only started Hotel yesterday, here's hoping the rest of the season isn't as weird as the first episode was.

The one thing that slightly disappointed me, and brought great joy to my sister, was that the show isn't actually scary. I still really like it though.


Pretty Little Liars pulled a Desperate Houswives and gone forward 5 years, after unveiling A in the first half of the season. I was really not impressed with the A reveal, and was only to glad to have that mess of a story line put behind us. Now there's a new stalker, and a new killer, and I'm really interested in seeing who they both are. The only thing I don't like is the pairing of Spencer and Caleb. #TeamHaleb


I'm a huge fan of the Lego games, and was super excited when they announced Lego Avengers. Several delays later, it was finally released back at the end of January and after some even more delays, I got my copy two weeks ago. The game features levels from both Avengers films, and is pretty much the same as the other Lego games in terms of gameplay. It is a lot shorter than the other two games I own though, and I finished it in one weekend, not even obsessively playing.


Now this game I did obsessively play for about two weeks. If you have a PS4 or X-Box  and don't have Batman Arkham Knight already, I seriously recommend you pick it up. I loved everything about this game, the storyline, the graphics, the side missions (apart from The Riddler's missions, that guy was a pain).

No comments:

Post a Comment