Wednesday 5 June 2013

Free Ciate Manicure + Some Cool Finds

Hey guys!

I have some great stuff to share with you today! I was shopping in town yesterday with my sister when I remembered seeing something about a Ciate pop-up bar in BT2 and we decided to go check it out.

And am I glad we did.

Upon arriving, we were told that Ciate were doing free demos using their newest kit, the Chalkboard manicure kit. This is a pretty cool nail art kit that consists of a black matte polish, a matte top coat and four coloured pens: one in blue, one in pink, one in yellow and one in white.



It also comes with a little booklet that has some designs that could could try out.
I decided to get the chevron pattern and my sister decided to get the little daisies (in the picture of the nail wheel)





We got our nails done by Chantelle, who did such an amazing job! We both loved our designs so much, I just can't stop looking at my nails!
 The only thing I didn't like about this kit was the price. Priced at €29, this was a bit out of my price range. And I think you could probably get a similar look using normal polishes with a matte top coat on top, which would be a lot cheaper.
While I didn't get this kit, I did get a few different nail polishes and nail art tools.
I got the Mariah O.P.I. set from TK Maxx for €12.99. It came with the following four shades:




The first shade is a black polish with red glitter in it, which you can't really see in the picture. I thought this set was great, since you get all four colours. Yes, they may be a lot smaller than the normal bottles, but you get to try four colours so I think it's great.
I'll have swatches up sometime over the weekend or early next week.

They also had a few Nails Inc sets for €19.99 but they had all been opened and had shades missing or doubled in the pack, so I didn't bother picking one up. Hopefully you'll have better luck in your nearest TK Maxx. The Nails Inc sets come with four polishes as well, but they're all full sized bottles.

The nail tools I got where the fan brush, some sponges and a thin nail art brush. I'll try them out next week and post my results. I also got a black nail stamping polish to use with my stamping set, as none of the polishes I have seem to work for stamping. I got all these from Pennys, they are all from Essence. The fan brush was €1.99, the sponge and brush were €2.49 and the stamping polish was €1.89






So, we're nearing the end of the post (finally!). I would highly recommend checking out the Ciate pop-up nail bar in BT2. They are here for the entire month and its worth going in for a free manicure. They also have this deal where you can get a free file and paint when you buy a polish, so if that's something you are interested in, it's definitely worth checking out! Also, keep checking with your nearest TK Maxx, you never know what you may find!

Also a huge thank you to Chantelle for doing our nails, we absolutely loved them!

I'll have the O.P.I. swatches up as soon as I can and also a review of my new Essence goodies, so watch this space!

-M


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love them! Dying to try these out but I'm reluctant to take off my current polish, love it so much!

      Delete
    2. Lolz I hate when that happens you want to change your nails but you love the current ones so much!

      Delete